Helping and Saving Lives: Choosing High-Quality Defibrillators
Defibrillators, or commonly called as AEDs, are a type of medical device which detects lethal heart rhythms. Two of the most common deadly heart rhythms are the Ventricular Arrhythmia and the Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia.
AEDs are usually portable devices that can be stationed at any place necessary. This device can analyse a patient’s heart rhythm in a matter of 5 to 10 seconds, giving the patient an electric shock whenever an abnormality in rhythm is detected. Defibrillators are indeed life-savers as these are the only devices that can revert lethal cardiac arrest rhythms, and give any patient a 70% survival rate.
Anyone can use a defibrillator. However, it is advised by the Australian government that not just emergency responders but also employees from any industry must learn the process of CPR, as well as the use of AEDs in order to save lives anywhere and anytime. As being said, Defibrillators in Australia are becoming more visible in various locations because of their importance.
How does an AED work?
Defibrillators are easy to use portable devices. Even first-time responders can deliberately use these devices whenever a CPR is to be done to anyone who suffers cardiac arrest in a public place.
What’s only important is to know the basics when performing a CPR and using a defibrillator. Make sure that the patient is in a dry place, and the pulse rate is checked. Determine the age (adult or child) of the patient as this can affect the type of electrodes to be used.
Once the electrodes are attached to the patient’s chest, it will automatically analyse the heart rhythm. If it detects an abnormality, such as a quivering pattern, it warns everyone to refrain touching the patient as an electric shock is to be given. For most of the time, only three shocks are given to assess a patient’s survival.
How much does it cost?
Depending on the brand, there are a lot of high-quality defibrillators Australia can offer to anyone who wishes to have such life-saver. The price ranges from 2000 AUD to 4000 AUD. Beware of too low prices as you might get the medical emergency compromised. Also, choose a apl health care manufacturer or defibrillator distributor that is trustworthy and has already built its public image to ensure that you get only the authentic products.
What are the factors you must consider when buying an AED?
When you want to find defibrillators Australia providers, there are some things that you must consider.
- Training/Practice Mode – try to look for an AED with a practice mode to make it useful when training your staff, housemates, family members, and friends.
- Visible Placement/Location – like fire extinguishers, AEDs are also best placed in a highly visible location, with a corresponding mark to let everyone know where it can be retrieved in times of a medical emergency.
- Registration in the State – Many states in Australia require that AEDs should be registered. Make sure that you abide by such protocol.
- Convenience – Choose an AED that is usable for everyone because if you are the ones who need a shock, anyone in your workplace or house can operate the device.
- Cost – Before purchasing an AED, be sure that you have already made up your mind as to what price range you are willing to spend. Think twice when buying a cheap AED as this might become expensive in the long run.
- Effectiveness – Aside from the primary job of an AED, there are other features that an AED can carry. Look for them if you want to have a totally handy AED in your location.